Thursday 22 September 2011

French Toast

I had Monday off from uni so I woke up late, and it was the perfect time of day for a nice brunch. I decided to make myself some French toast - quick and easy, and an excuse to have some sugar and ice cream for my first meal of the day!

Serves 1

Ingredients
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 thick slices of bread (I managed to get 6 slices of a sourdough baguette out of this recipe, though!)
1 tbsp butter
2 tsp sugar, extra
1/2 tsp cinnamon, extra

Directions

  1. Heat a frying pan to medium. Place butter in the pan and allow to melt.
  2. In a bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Soak a slice of bread in the mixture and place on the pan; repeat until the pan is full.
  3. Brown both sides of the bread. Add more butter to the pan if necessary. Remove from the pan and set aside.
  4. Combine the extra sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Serve the French toast sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, or with syrup, or with berries, or - like me - with raspberry ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment